Sometimes you find a recipe that’s a bit too special and it sticks with you , these apple cakes are exactly as the name suggests , deliciously , moist and super special.
I initially found the recipe through a cooking party and was impressed with not only the final result but also the quick preparation involved and short cooking time . Over the years I have tweaked the recipe a little and we have an absolute winner with this one !
The sweet smell of apples and cinnamon baking with a hint of vanilla wafting down the house is enough to get the appetite going , put it this way , these little bites of heaven don’t last very long in our house.Perfect as a lunchbox or after school treat or take in for morning tea …they have also been very popular when served at brunch or breakfast, whichever way you decide to serve them, I promise they will not disappoint . The best part is get the kids involved with the preparation , it really is that simple !
Deliciously Moist Apple Cakes
You will need :
- 120g caster sugar
- 24 hole mini muffin pan lightly greased
- 125g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 125g butter, melted
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients taking care not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into the muffin pan (about 1 heaped tbsp per cake )
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar.
Tip : Apples can be replaced with a can of pie apples.